Last Updated: 04 Jan 2021
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, or if you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy or Isle of Eden's privacy practices, please contact us at:
Isle of Eden Ltd
62 Burnley Terrace
Use of website
Please take a moment to read this Policy carefully. Any time you provide us with your personal information, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. This Policy is in addition to any other applicable terms and conditions that may apply to your relationship and/or engagement with us.
What personal information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you sign up to our marketing emails, when you make a purchase on our website, or when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, photographs, credit card information and other contact or demographic information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect on our websites.
We also automatically collect information about you when you access or use our websites. For example, we automatically log your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language and the website you visited before navigating to our websites. We may also collect information about your usage and activity on our websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you.
Our website also uses our authorized third-party analytics vendors, such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve and understand the success of marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Behavioral targeting / re-targeting
How we use your information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our websites;
- provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, shipping alerts, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- subject to your consent, send you news and information about events, activities, offers, promotions, products and services offered by Isle of Eden or third parties that we think will be of interest to you;
- create targeted audiences with third parties for advertising purposes;
- link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs, preferences, and provide you with better service; and
- undertake other internal business activities related to our functions, e.g. data analysis, product development and improvement, financial management and accounting.
Disclosure of information policy
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through our websites with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our websites. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our websites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you provide a product review or you post content to our website or social media accounts;
- with third party vendors, consultants and service providers that perform services to help us with our business activities (such as shipping your order, offering customer service, or targeted advertising) and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when we believe on reasonable grounds that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
- when we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, respond to an emergency or investigate fraud; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a merger, acquisition, financing or sale of all or a portion of Isle of Eden's assets.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymised information that does not directly identify you.
Where we disclose personal information to third parties outside of New Zealand, we will ensure that those third parties are subject to privacy laws or are otherwise required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those under New Zealand privacy law.
Links to other web sites
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at the above address.
Your information choices and changes
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or emailing us at the above address. If you opt out of receiving such communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases or our ongoing business relations.
You are entitled to request confirmation as to whether we hold any of your personal information and access to such information. If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, or delete it by emailing us at the above address. We will respond to your request as soon as practicable, and in any case within 20 working days.
We will retain your information for as long as we reasonably require it for the reasons set out in this Policy or until we receive a request from you to delete it. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at the email address above. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Social media widgets
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.Isle of Eden.com.
We may update this Policy at any time to reflect changes to our information practices and we will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of the Policy. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with reasonable notice by notifying you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by posting a prominent notice on our websites prior to the date such changes become effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you remain unsatisfied with our response to your privacy request or complaint, you may contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner at the details below:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094, Wellington, New Zealand
0800 803 909